Modern Niagara Group is one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and Best Managed Companies and an industry leader in mechanical and electrical construction striving to be the contractor for life of all building systems. At Modern Niagara, we value teamwork, initiative, determination, professionalism, and passion. Working here you will find a creative team focused on delivering high quality customer satisfaction, and employees who thrive from working in a fast paced, collaborative and innovative environment. We hire top talent, recognizing that our successes are achieved through the commitment of dedicated employees.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented BAS Lead Technician to join our Controls Team in Toronto.
An individual who wants to develop into a respected leader in a Construction Industry. Reporting to a Labour Manager, this role requires an enthusiastic technically-minded individual with an aptitude for mechanical, electrical, and software systems and an ability to work as part of a multi-faceted team.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform (or delegate on larger projects) tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout
- Translate mechanical drawings and specifications into technical deliverables, such as;
- Equipment schedules for mechanical equipment and end-devices;
- Points lists, system schematics and Sequences of operation;
- Electrical panel layouts and wiring diagrams; and
- Compile Submittal packages
- Select controllers, sensors and devices that meet each project’s specification and design intent, while striking a balance between hardware and installation costs
- Translate BAS Design documents into technical deliverables, such as:
- Controller and Database programs
- Configure system alarms, trends, users and permissions
- Floor plan and System graphics pages
- Assist with bench-testing
- Mark-up BAS Design documents for as-builts
- Provide work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary.
- System and Network Commissioning
- Lead the on-site turn up and verification of communications between BAS controllers
- Lead the verification and commissioning process of all hardware inputs and outputs
- Lead the verification of overall system operation and compliance with intent
- Ensure that all necessary documentation from System and Network Commissioning is collected and accurately documented and BAS documents updated to reflect as-built conditions
- Prepare Operations and Maintenance Manuals
- Provide client training on the operation of the installed BAS system
Contribute to corporate knowledge sharing systems and participate in the development of tools and template libraries
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, post-secondary technical diploma, or equivalent field experience
- HVAC design, IT networking, Lighting controls, and Security system experience are assets
- Experience with DDC control systems is an asset
- Niagara N4 certification is an asset
- Experience with Distech GFX or other graphical programming platforms are an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving ability and willingness for field work and hands-on learning
- Dedicated attention to detail, passion for doing great work in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Modern Niagara, we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us so that suitable accommodations can be made.