Modern Niagara Group is one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and Best Managed Companies and an industry leader in mechanical and electrical construction striving to be the contractor for life of all building systems. At Modern Niagara, we value teamwork, initiative, determination, professionalism, and passion. Working here you will find a creative team focused on delivering high quality customer satisfaction, and employees who thrive from working in a fast paced, collaborative and innovative environment. We hire top talent, recognizing that our successes are achieved through the commitment of dedicated employees.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Project Manager specializing in Mechanical to join our team in Ottawa!
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the project Foreman by developing a strong working relationship, and provide project execution guidance
• Effectively manage the labour work force on your respective project.
• Complete detailed and accurate monthly financial forecasting reports and participate in our project status review (PSR) meetings.
• Build and strengthen subcontractor and supplier relationships; review contracts for scope, maintain productivity, quality, and costs and ensure the projects are completed in a manner that supports the overall strategic and operational objectives of the company.
• Willing to advance both professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and seminars, review professional publications, establish a personal network of industry peers, and be highly motivated to benchmark state-of-the-art practices.
• Participate in client and construction meetings as required and to disseminate the information to our work force and subcontractors.
• 3- 5 years experience working as a Project Manager, within construction
• Post-Secondary education in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Co-ordinate with construction schedules, any sub-contractors and maintain a relationship with the customer
• Manage projects and execute in an efficient way
• Estimating change notices on projects
• Scheduling employees on projects
• Build relationships with electrical suppliers
• Ability to interpret site and building plans and specifications
• Can successfully prioritize tasks based on demand and deadlines
• Results and solutions oriented individual
• Experienced with, and a willingness to train and mentor team members
• A track record that clearly demonstrates effective leadership when interacting with multiple external clients
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• General understanding of QA / QC as well as Health and Safety practices / requirements
• Design/build experience is an asset
• Committed team player with excellent interpersonal skills
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Modern Niagara, we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us so that suitable accommodations can be made.