Modern Niagara Group is one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and Best Managed Companies and an industry leader in mechanical and electrical construction striving to be the contractor for life of all building systems. At Modern Niagara, we value teamwork, initiative, determination, professionalism, and passion. Working here you will find a creative team focused on delivering high quality customer satisfaction, and employees who thrive from working in a fast paced, collaborative and innovative environment. We hire top talent, recognizing that our successes are achieved through the commitment of dedicated employees.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager – Energy Solutions to join our team in our Vancouver office. Modern Niagara’s goal is to make buildings more efficient, sustainable and connected. We will not make decisions solely based on economic benefits – but challenge the status quo to help optimize our customers buildings while developing buildings of the future. We are looking for the perfect candidate to make an environmental difference and help fight global climate change.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Promote sustainable more efficient buildings by challenging building owners to look closely at their energy consumption and environmental impact. Focus on educating customers on mechanical, electrical and technology based solutions that will drive cost savings, GHG reductions and productivity.
- Strategically develop leads, opportunities and complex projects with a focus on securing medium to large energy and technology-based projects.
- Address customers environmental and sustainability issues while effectively developing solutions that directly improve or meet their sustainability goals and KPI’s.
- Use fact-based information to effectively communicate the financial benefits of prospective projects.
- Generate unique value propositions that are altered and tailored to specific clients based on buying behaviors and capital plans.
- Cross collaborate with internal stakeholders to build relationships that will generate critical thinking to help solve our customers challenges.
- Work with building owners to reduce energy consumption, improve the indoor environment, improvement tenant and employee satisfaction - while extending the life of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Actively network at industry events while connecting with C-Level executives and decision makers.
- Present and effectively communicate ROI and financial benefits of energy efficiency projects to clients.
- Consultative sales approach to positioning energy and solution projects.
Build and maintain positive relationships with all external parties including trades, clients, and subcontractors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education or related combination of education and experience
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of Mechanical or Electrical Consulting or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of Business Development or Account Management
- Financial acumen in positioning ROI and Financial Guarantee’s
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to build trusted relationships with internal stakeholders
Resourceful, problem-solver that is energetic and able to manage multiple priorities
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Modern Niagara, we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us so that suitable accommodations can be made.