Modern Niagara Group is one of Canada's Top 100 Employers and Best Managed Companies and an industry leader in mechanical and electrical construction striving to be the contractor for life of all building systems. At Modern Niagara, we value teamwork, initiative, determination, professionalism, and passion. Working here you will find a creative team focused on delivering high quality customer satisfaction, and employees who thrive from working in a fast paced, collaborative and innovative environment. We hire top talent, recognizing that our successes are achieved through the commitment of dedicated employees.
We are seeking a VDC Area Manager to join our team in Ottawa!
The Virtual Design and Construction Area Manager is responsible for all aspects of the design and completion of Installation models/drawings, and the regional VDC team that creates them. They are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the final design product is in accordance with established Project/coordination/Consultant design standards.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with team leaders from various design disciplines for consistent BIM execution for coordinated project delivery
- Facilitate the collaboration and coordination efforts of teams across various offices in multiple cities
- Ensuring that staff are constantly being educated on the mechanical systems that they are responsible for, the software they use to model, the construction process in general, scheduling, strategies that the VDC team can implement for success both within MN, and the greater projects that they work on
- Reviewing and reporting on the completion/coordination/schedule/optimization status of all projects currently underway
- Keeping up to date on current software / hardware / process trends, and implementing their adoption in the most efficient manner with the guidance and direction of the National VDC Manager (encompassing for project loading, budget minimization, etc.)
- Development of BIM implementation and execution plans and project qualifications statements
- Assist in dissolving barriers of VDC adoption in a politically effective manner on an ongoing basis
- Scheduling of all regional VDC staffing assignments with construction/project Managers
- Writing Prequalification’s, bid packages, budgeting for pursuits, as they apply to VDC scope for projects
- Quality Assurance as it relates to all VDC produced documents
- Participate in VDC employee recruitment/retention and the performance/salary review process
- QAQC confirmation that the following operations are being performed well on all projects:
- document storage and communications streams (BIM 360, FTP sites, etc.)
- approved shop drawings, Placeholder geometry
- Metadata is added to model families as per project specifications
- Prefabricated assembly strategies are pursued
Report project, VDC processes and regional VDC staff progress, issues, concerns, enhancements to National VDC Manager on an ongoing basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary diploma in mechanical or construction technology or other relevant technology field or extensive experience in a mechanical contracting trade. Eng or CET considered an asset or equivalent experience in the field, typically 6+ years
- Knowledge and experience with contractual delivery methods
- Understanding of the practice of architecture, engineering and construction
- Experience in a multi-discipline design or construction environment with small-to-large project delivery
- Solid understanding of BIM standards (national and international), guidelines and protocols
- Mastery of Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, and AutoCAD
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating staff and providing consistent and constructive feedback to employees throughout the PDP process
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills, highly skilled in presentations and providing insight and deliverables to the VDC management team as required
- Competent in conflict and crisis management maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants
- Ability to work in an office and field environment with a high degree of interaction between management and technical and field staff
- Willingness to commit to continuous learning
- Detail oriented and ability to work within tight timelines
- Well organized, resourceful with an ability to effectively set and manage competing priorities
Sense of urgency and drive to succeed, must be comfortable working within a deadline driven, fast paced environment
Live the Modern Niagara Core Values - Teamwork, Initiative, Determination, Professionalism, Passion.
Please submit your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Modern Niagara, we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us so that suitable accommodations can be made