Modern Niagara helps build and maintain the spaces where Canadians live, learn, work, and heal by meeting the mechanical, electrical, and building controls and services needs of Canada’s infrastructure. We value passion, initiative, determination, professionalism, and teamwork and we are committed to ensuring that our teams have everything they need to succeed. Health and safety are embedded in everything we do and, as a result, our award-winning safety culture has a record that’s well above industry standards.
At Modern Niagara, you will work alongside values-driven, safety-conscious, and high impact teams in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment. Here, your knowledge, skills, and excellent service will help ensure that the buildings that make up Canada’s infrastructure fulfill the needs they were set out to meet.
Modern Niagara is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and is a recipient of SMACNA‘s Safety Excellence Award Program (SSEAP) – Canada and the Canadian Occupational Safety (COS) Magazine’s Canada’s Best Health + Safety Culture Award and Canada’s Safest Employers Award in the Building and Construction category.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team in Ottawa!
In this position, you will be part of a dedicated team that will support High Rise Residential Projects in Ottawa.
The mission of a Project Manager is to manage the budget, schedule and work closely with the foremen, subcontractors and vendors to deliver a successful project. One of the key success factors is to assist Project Delivery teams with successfully completing projects within the planning process. The Project Manager focuses on reaching the overall financial goals of their projects, in collaboration with the Operations Team.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building the budget, procuring equipment and subcontractors while billing and collecting funds for their respective projects in line with the KPI targets as determined by management on a quarterly basis.
- Participate in estimating turnover meetings, preconstruction meetings and post construction meetings.
- Complete monthly financial forecasting reports and participates in project status review meetings.
- Attends client and construction meetings as required and to disseminate the information to work force, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Manage and coordinate the equipment and systems commissioning process.
- Contributing as necessary to the pre-construction process by reviewing contracts and determining project scope, planning and estimating prior to execution.
- Maintaining safety standards in all aspects of each project.
- Preparation and monthly update of the work in progress (WIP) forecast sheets.
- Attends job site progress walks and is aware of project construction status.
- Maintain safety standards in respect of their projects.
- Creates purchase orders for suppliers and subcontractors.
- Breaks out labour budget and reviews break out with Foremen.
- Reviews Foreman labour plan with budget and input.
- Communicates and confers with Foreman on the labour progress and makes financial judgement calls in monthly review on final labour hours.
- PM is aware of field progress and communicates with foremen against the plan.
- Applies the SMaC Recipe to daily tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or equivalent experience in the field
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Project Manager in construction required. Experience in reading and interpreting construction drawings and documents
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and computerized scheduling packages
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets
- Highly skilled in all facets of the construction process, ability to execute highly complex or specialized projects
- Management experience in the areas of hiring, firing and performance appraisals
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients and subtrades
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to effectively lead a team
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in an office and field environment with a high degree of interaction between management, technical field and office employees
- Strong negotiating skills
Live the Modern Niagara Core Values - Teamwork, Initiative, Determination, Professionalism, Passion
Please submit your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further screening will be contacted.
At Modern Niagara, we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us so that suitable accommodations can be made.