Modern Niagara helps build and maintain the spaces where Canadians live, learn, work, and heal by meeting the mechanical, electrical, and building controls and services needs of Canada’s infrastructure. We value passion, initiative, determination, professionalism, and teamwork and we are committed to ensuring that our teams have everything they need to succeed. Health and safety are embedded in everything we do and, as a result, our award-winning safety culture has a record that’s well above industry standards.
At Modern Niagara, you will work alongside values-driven, safety-conscious, and high impact teams in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment. Here, your knowledge, skills, and excellent service will help ensure that the buildings that make up Canada’s infrastructure fulfill the needs they were set out to meet.
Modern Niagara is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and is a recipient of SMACNA‘s Safety Excellence Award Program (SSEAP) – Canada and the Canadian Occupational Safety (COS) Magazine’s Canada’s Best Health + Safety Culture Award and Canada’s Safest Employers Award in the Building and Construction category.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Lead BAS Specialist to join our Controls team in Calgary, Alberta.
We seek a self-motivated life-long learner who is already or wants to develop into a respected leader in the Controls Industry. Reporting to a Project Manager or Installation Manager, this role requires an enthusiastic technically-minded individual with an aptitude for mechanical, electrical, and software systems and an ability to work as part of a multi-faceted team.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform (or delegate on larger projects) tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout
- Hardware design
- Translate mechanical drawings and specifications into technical deliverables, such as:
- Equipment schedules for mechanical equipment and end-devices
- Points lists, system schematics and Sequences of operation
- Electrical panel layouts and wiring diagrams; and
- Compile Submittal packages
- Select controllers, sensors and devices that meet each project’s specification and design intent, while striking a balance between hardware and installation costs
- System Programming
- Translate BAS Design documents into technical deliverables, such as:
- Controller and Database programs
- Configure system alarms, trends, users and permissions
- Floor plan and System graphics pages
- Assist with bench-testing
- Mark-up BAS Design documents for as-builts
- Installation Coordination
- Provide work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary.
- System and Network Commissioning
- Lead the on-site turn up and verification of communications between BAS controllers
- Lead the verification and commissioning process of all hardware inputs and outputs
- Lead the verification of overall system operation and compliance with intent
- Project Closeout
- Ensure that all necessary documentation from System and Network Commissioning is collected and accurately documented and BAS documents updated to reflect as-built conditions
- Prepare Operations and Maintenance Manuals
- Provide client training on the operation of the installed BAS system
- Contribute to corporate knowledge sharing systems and participate in the development of tools and template libraries
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, post-secondary technical diploma, or equivalent field experience
- HVAC design, IT networking, Lighting controls, and Security system experience are assets
- Experience with DDC control systems is an asset
- Niagara N4 certification is an asset
- Experience with Distech GFX or other graphical programming platforms are an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving ability and willingness for field work and hands-on learning
- Dedicated attention to detail, passion for doing great work in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license
Please submit your resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further screening will be contacted.
At Modern Niagara, we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Modern Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us so that suitable accommodations can be made.